Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Pro-Life Songs and a Pro-Life Blog

On top of being pro-life and being a Christian, I'm also a musician. I've played all over California, as well as out of state (as far as Chicago, Illinois) and out of the country (Italy). I've played everything from church carnivals to block parties, to leading worship for a Southern Baptist Convention meeting, to playing for a church retreat, to playing Chrsitian coffeeshops, and numerous other places. I have written pro-life music which probably isn't very rare. I would say that most Christian artists/bands have written at least one pro-life song. As such, I want to compile a list of pro-life songs, by Christians and non-Christians. A disclaimer will be kept next to the songs that are not appropriate for children. So if anyone comes across this blog, please feel free to add to the list and I will continually keep it updated.

Before I start the list, I'd also like to point you to another blog by a pro-life musician. I just came across said blog today and I definitely like it. He has written numerous pro-life songs and apparently adds pro-life flair to the worship songs he writes, so to add him to the list I'd probably have to include his entire discography. :D So please, go check out his blog. Here's the link to it: http://www.prolifemusician.com/ . He has links to his songs and CD's there on his page, so feel free to support his ministry by purchasing his music.

Without further ado, here's the list:


Blessid Union of Souls, Let's Get Out of Here -- From Close to the Edge
Nick Cannon, Can I Live? -- Single
Kenny Chesney, There Goes My Life -- From When the Sun Goes Down
The Cranberries, The Icicle Melts -- From No Need to Argue
Creed, In America -- From My Own Prison
Creed, One -- From My Own Prison
dc Talk, Children Can Live (Without It) -- From Nu Thang
Delirious?, Our God Reigns -- From Kingdom of Comfort
Final Judgement, Prelife Vivisection -- From Desolation Sacrilege
Flipsyde, Happy Birthday -- From We the People
Focal Point, Homicide -- From Suffering of the Masses
Rob Frazier, The Silence -- From Things I Say
The Front, The Promise -- From The Front
Grammatrain, Execution -- From Lonely House
Annie Herring, Killing Thousands -- From Search Deep Inside
Annie Herring, When You Come on My Mind -- From Search Deep Inside
Kid Rock, Abortion -- From The History of Rock
KIIS, Operation: Rescue -- From Welcome to the New Era
King's X, Legal Kill -- From Faith Hope Love
The Orange County Supertones, Prince of Peace -- From Revenge of the O.C. Supertones
P.O.D., Rise Against -- From When Angels & Serpents Dance
Graham Parker, You Can't be Too Strong -- From Squeezing Out Sparks
The Sex Pistols, Bodies -- From Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols (note: vulgar and violent, not appropriate for children)
Slayer, Angel of Death -- From Reign in Blood (note: a very anti-Christian band, so I can't in good conscience recommend the band itself)
Steve Taylor, Baby Doe -- From Meltdown
Steve Taylor, Bad Rap (Who You Tryin' to Kid, Kid?) -- From I Want to be a Clone
Steve Taylor, I Blew Up the Clinic Real Good -- From I Predict 1990
Steve Taylor, Whatever Happened to Sin? -- From I Want to be a Clone
tobyMac, Irene -- From Momentum
Underoath, Burden in Your Hands -- From Act of Depression
The Verve, The Freshman -- From Villains

No comments:

Post a Comment